EHI: Core Skills in Existential-Humanistic Psychotherapy
Online Training Workshop: Core Skills in Existential-Humanistic Psychotherapy
Friday, 11/4, 12pm – 4pm, Pacific Time
Saturday, 11/5, 8am – 3:15pm, Pacific Time [1 hr lunch]
Sunday, 11/6, 8am – 3:15pm, Pacific Time [1 hr lunch]
An Existential-Humanistic approach to psychotherapy can be a foundation for all therapists seeking to do deep and life-changing work with their clients. The E-H approach is based on core ways of being and working with clients that help facilitate greater awareness, greater sense of choice, increased agency and adaptiveness and a deeper connection to self and others – all in the service of healing and growing. There are core capacities and skills an E-H therapist uses to help clients effectively explore and work through their existential predicaments so they can more fully access what deeply matters to them.
In this 16-hour online existential psychotherapy training, leading instructors in the E-H field will provide theoretical explanation and experiential opportunities for the development and/or strengthening of skills and capacities that are not only core to the E-H approach but can also support therapists of many other modalities cultivate a foundation for optimizing their technical skills.
Topics covered include:
- The cultivation of presence as both the ground of therapy and one of its primary objectives
- The focus on the “living moment” in working with the “here-and-now” experience of clients – staying with what presents itself phenomenologically rather than employing theoretical interventions
- The differentiation between primary, direct experience and secondary, interpretive experience – and the emphasis on working with phenomenological experience
- The meaning-making process and the formation of the Self-and-World Construct – helping client and therapist understand identity construction and de-construction
- How to work with the client’s ways of being in the world and how to utilize the therapist-client relationship to help shift unhelpful ways of being
- How to identify and work through clients’ inner battles in order to support their longings to emerge, and feel more choice-ful and psychospiritually whole
- Integrating and embodying your theoretical beliefs and authentic sense of self in your work as a therapist
This training is ideal for those who have not yet had any intensive training in E-H therapy or for those who have and are seeking a refresher or reinforcement of what they’ve learned: this training works in and of itself but can also be a precursor to the longer residential training EHI holds or even a helpful follow-up to EHI’s residential training.
Enrollment Fees Schedule
- The regular fee for this training is $685, but the following discounts are available*:
- The “Early early-bird” rate is $615 for those who register and pay in full by 8/1/22
- The “Regular early-bird rate is $645 for those who register and pay in full after 8/1/22 but by 9/15/22
- *Elders and Students: $50 off of all of the above rates. [Elders: 65yrs+; Students: enrolled in a Masters or PhD level program.]
Two Payment Options Available
- Full payment at time of enrollment-guarantees your spot immediately.
- $150 deposit to hold one’s spot when registering. Payment by due date guarantees your place. For elders and students who register with a deposit, the $50 discount is applied to the deposit, which obviously makes it a $100 deposit for Elders/Students. Balance due to be paid by the above early-bird discount deadlines in order to get the relevant early-bird discount and guarantee your place. For those registering after 9/15/22, full payment is due by 10/15/22, and any registrants after that need to pay the total fee at once in order to register.
Refund policy: You’ll receive a full refund, minus $25, if you withdraw by 8/15/22; and a full refund, minus $75, if withdrawn after 8/1/22 but by 10/1/22. There are no refunds after that.
Continuing Education: EHI will be seeking CE sponsorship for this workshop. Last year’s workshop was approved. Info and Fee: TBA.
APA Division 32, Society for Humanistic Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. APA Division 32, Society for Humanistic Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
*Please Note: This is a 2-1/2 day live mini-intensive workshop, not the longer residential course, “E-H Therapy: Principles of Practice,” which is an experiential training offered in our Certificate program and held as a residential retreat for 6 days at Westerbeke Ranch. This training workshop covers core E-H psychotherapy skills and can be a precursor to the longer training course but it is not a substitute for attending “E-H Therapy: Principles of Practice” residential which is a requirement towards earning EHI’s Certificate in the Foundations of E-H Therapy Practice.